Friday 1 August 2014

travelling the world - or 11,73% of it

I am that type of traveler who like to see new places but not because of the numbers, of the countries to be put on the check list but because time is so relative and i would like to see as much as i can.
In the same time i will always have my favorite places=the soul places as i like to call them , where i am going to come back as much as i can: London, Prague, Maastricht, Valencia, New York, just to name a few.

However, the other days i was pinning some flags on TripAdvisor app on Facebook and flashbacks from all my trips appeared before my eyes: from 2005 when i first started to travel and till now i have marked 23 wonderful experiences.23..is it much, or maybe just a small number?
Currently there are 196 countries officially recognized..even if the number differs a little from one source to another: some say 194, 193 (number of countries of the United Nations), 195.
23 countries means i have visited approximately 11,73% from the entire world...(bare with me with the percentage, i am a Polytechnic graduate)
And now the panic jumps in: 11,73%..this is all i could visit in all my 33 years of existence???? Loredana..you have to step up, rob a bank, play the lottery but the percentage has to increase in the next couple of years...
But honestly: I AM FINE! each experience meant so much to me, with each experience i gain so much more beauty to my heart and mind. All the people i have met, all the food i have eaten and all the places i have visited, all of these are making me 100% fulfilled.

Just a random example of what my eyes could see and my soul to capture (missing 2 countries for which i am not able to find the photos):


Geneva, Switzerland
Lyon, France

Krakow, Poland

London, Great Britain

Tallinn, Estonia

Riga, Latvia

Istanbul, Turkey

Luxembourg, Luxembourg

Maastricht, The Netherlands

Monte Carlo, Monaco

Oslo, Norway

San Francisco, USA

Sibiu, Romania

Valencia, Spain

Stockholm, Sweden

Cochem, Germany

Bruges, Belgium

Budapest, Hungary

Prague, Czech Republic

Vienna, Austria

Rome, Italy

1 comment:

  1. Nice travel history :) Congrats. It's always refreshing to read your stories!

    ReplyDelete